It’s been confirmed, the cardiologist and surgeon agree that Carson is a Bi-vent candidate! I am waiting on a call from the surgical scheduling department to schedule his pre-op appointments as well as his surgery. We are planning for mid-October and since its several months away there should be plenty of availability.
People keep asking what do we need? Or how can they help?
The surgery recovery is expected to take 2-3 months. We will be packing up our little family and basically moving to Boston for as long as Carson needs. There is housing available for families that travel to Boston for medical needs but it is not free. We need help raising funds for travel and living expenses while in Boston.
I have a page set up for direct donations: http://www.gofundme.com/carsonsheartjourney
We will also be organizing fundraisers between now and when we leave.
August 10, 2013 we will be having a Rummage Sale/Car Wash in the Tuesday Morning Parking lot, 1000 E. Route 66, Glendora, CA 91741 from 7:00am-4:00pm (If you would like to come help hold signs, wash cars, or even bring items to sell at the rummage sale please contact Carson’s facebook page http://www.facebook.com/carsonsheartjourney)
September 14, 2013 there will be a yoga class held for Carson at Bikram Yoga Studio (more information to come)
We will also be having a poker (bingo) night, and a dinner along with a silent auction. (dates to follow)
We also need the following:
- A banquet hall (to host dinner and auction)
- Items to be donated for the auction